Brexit Bite: What Food Businesses Need to Know
Time: 10.00 - 10.45
The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) has a new series of free online Brexit webinars to help you get your food business Brexit ready.
Brexit means change. From the 1 January 2021, the requirements for trading food with Great Britain will be different. Irish food businesses that currently buy food from Great Britain and place it on the Irish market will become importers.
To continue trading with Great Britain, your food business will need to comply with the requirements for importing food and placing it on the Irish market. You need to know what this means and make sure you are ready.
In this short Brexit Bite, Deirdre O’Brien from the Environmental Health Service of the Health Service Executive will give a brief overview of the requirements for importing foods of non-animal origin and food contact materials into Ireland from Great Britain from 1 January 2021.
Deirdre will give a summary of the import controls on foods of non-animal origin including:
- Products that are subject to increased controls
- Requirements for these products e.g. documents, notification to the border control post, checks
- How you can minimise delays
Carol Heavey from the Brexit Team in the Food Safety Authority of Ireland will then provide answers to common questions that are being asked by food businesses including:
- Food labels - what changes need to be made to food labels from the Great Britain and when?
- What about labels on products manufactured before the end of the transition period (31 Dec 2020)?
- What does ‘placing on the market’ mean?
- What are the requirements for importing food supplements?
- What about exporting to Great Britain?
There will be an opportunity to ask questions at the end of the presentation. This free event will be held online and will last 45 minutes.
Shortly after registration, you will receive the event link by email which will give you the details on how to join the event at 10am on Wednesday, 4 November 2020. In order to join the event on the day, you will need a computer, tablet or smartphone.
Register for this event.
Places are limited and will be filled on a first come first served basis.
Stay safe and all the best,
The FSAI Team.