The Food Safety Consultative Council (FSCC) of the FSAI acts as a forum for debate on food safety issues and provides advice to the FSAI Board on areas of relevance. It is a constructive vehicle for consumers and industry to provide input to the agenda of the FSAI.
The FSCC meets regularly, and through the course of its meetings, examines segments of the food chain, from farm to fork, to review the food safety initiatives already in place and those required to ensure consumers’ interests are to the forefront.
- Ms Veronica Campbell (Chair), Campbell Bewley Group Ltd
- Mr Ray Bowe, Musgraves - food retailers
- Dr Susanne Boyd, Food Standards Agency, Northern Ireland
- Mr Pat Daly, Teagasc
- Ms Sinead Finnegan, Consumer Interests, former Director General of Beverage Council of Ireland
- Ms Una Fitzgibbon, Bord Bia
- Ms Maree Gallagher, Food Law and Crisis Management Expert
- Mr Cormac Healy, IBEC/Meat Industry Ireland
- Mr Brendan Kehoe, Dairy Farmer
- Mr Dermott Jewell, Consumers' Association of Ireland
- Ms Margaret Leahy, Organic Farming Interests
- Mr Donal Maguire, Bord Iascaigh Mhara
- Ms Paula Mee, Nutritionist
- Mr Tim O'Brien, Restaurateur
- Ms Breda Raggett, Consumer Interests - former President of the Irish Countrywomen's Association
- Mr Martin Roper, Excellence Ireland Quality Association
A further 8 members will be appointed by the Minister for Health.
Meeting Minutes 2016
Meeting Minutes 2015
Meeting Minutes Archive
Last reviewed: 4/9/2017