The FSAI is a science-based regulatory agency and our role is to coordinate the enforcement of food safety legislation in Ireland. We offer an Advice Line service for general food safety advice for food businesses and other stakeholders. It must be noted however, that we do not provide a consultancy or food labelling approval service. Our website provides a huge amount of resources and information to assist food businesses and we would encourage food businesses and consultants to avail of these resources. It is ultimately the food business operator’s responsibility to ensure that the food they are producing, selling, marketing or distributing is safe to eat and complies with the relevant food legislation.
We also offer an Advice Line service for consumers to make a complaint about a food or food business through our online complaint form. Consumer advice on food safety and healthy eating is the role of safefood, an all-island body. It can be contacted through the safefood website.
The form below is for general feedback or queries.
- Consumers: please complete our Consumer Complaint Form (e.g. complaint about a food outlet)
- Food businesses or official agencies: please complete our Food Incident Report form
- Media queries: email 'press at fsai dot ie'
- Members of the Houses of the Oireachtas: email 'parliamentaryquestions at fsai dot ie'
- Protected disclosures: email 'protecteddisclosure at fsai dot ie'
- Data subject access requests: email 'dpo at fsai dot ie'
Fields marked with * are mandatory.