Food Service Forum - Terms of Reference
1. The objective of the Forum is to build firm connections between the Food Safety Authority and technical personnel from the Hospitality Sector. Members will give and receive information within the scope outlined in (3) and act as the first point of contact between their company/association and the FSAI.
2. Members for the Forum will be limited to Hospitality Practitioners
3. The scope of the groups work will cover:
b. Food safety
c. Food Legislation
d. QA Schemes as they effect food safety
e. Standards as they effect food safety
4. The group will meet at least quarterly or as appropriate
5. E-mail is the agreed means of communication.
6. Any communication by Forum members must be marked confidential if that is the intention of the sender. The Food Safety Authority will endeavour to maintain the confidentiality of any correspondence marked confidential within its obligations under the Freedom of Information Act.
7. Each company/association will be represented by 1 member unless agreed by consensus with all other members.
8. The member of the Forum will nominate a second to attend in their absence.
a. Members are committed to attendance whenever possible so as to maintain the integrity of the forum.
b. No other attendees should attend a Forum meeting other than the member or his/her second unless agreed in advance with FSAI.
9. A list of Forum members and nominees to attend in their absence will be circulated each year.
10. Minutes will be taken at each meeting and circulated to all members. In the second year it is the intention of the FSAI to post the minutes on the FSAI web once agreed and signed off. This will be subject to the agreement of the Forum members.
11. A review of the Forum will be conducted each year and a decision will be made whether to continue for the next year. This will include a review of the terms of reference.
Last reviewed: 11/3/2009