Exemptions from marketing standards
Regulation (EC) No 1580/2007 provides for the following exceptions and exemptions from the application of marketing standards required under Article 113a(3) of Regulation (EC) No 1234/2007.
The following products are not required to conform to the general marketing standard:
- non-cultivated mushrooms of CN code 0709 59,
- capers of CN code 0709 90 40,
- bitter almonds of CN code 0802 11 10,
- shelled almonds of CN code 0802 12,
- shelled hazelnuts of CN code 0802 22,
- shelled walnuts of CN code 0802 32,
- pine nuts of CN code 0802 90 50, and
- saffron of CN code 0910 20.
The following products are not required to conform to the marketing standards:
- Products intended for industrial processing or intended for animal feed or other non-food use - provided they are clearly marked with the words ‘intended for processing’ or ‘for animal feed’ or any other equivalent wording,
- Products transferred by the producer on his holding to consumers for their personal use
- Products having undergone a trimming or cutting making them ‘ready to eat’ or ‘kitchen ready’.
The following products within a given production area:
- Products sold or delivered by the grower to preparation and packaging stations or storage facilities, or shipped from his holding to such stations; and
- Products shipped from storage facilities to preparation and packaging stations.
As regards specific marketing standards, fresh fruit and vegetables not in Extra Class, at stages following dispatch, may show a slight lack of freshness and turgidity and slight deterioration due to their development and their tendency to perish.
Last reviewed: 20/12/2010