Annex I of Regulation (EC) 852/2004 requires that FBOs keep and retain records relating to measures put in place to control hazards in an appropriate manner and for an appropriate period, commensurate with the nature and size of the food business. FBOs must make relevant information contained in these records available to the competent authority and receiving food business operators on request.
FBOs rearing animals or producing primary products of animal origin are, in particular, to keep records on:
- the nature and origin of feed fed to the animals
- veterinary medicinal products or other treatments administered to the animals, dates of administration and withdrawal periods
- the occurrence of diseases that may affect the safety of products of animal origin
- the results of any analyses carried out on samples taken from animals or other samples taken for diagnostic purposes, that have importance for human health and
- any relevant reports on checks carried out on animals or products of animal origin.
Last reviewed: 13/3/2009