Safe Catering Pack
The Safe Catering Pack is out of stock. The pack is being updated and the new version will be available to buy in early February.
You can still purchase any of the nine record books individually, or in any quantity you require.
Please contact our advice line at email@example.com if you wish to pay by bank transfer.
A User Friendly Approach to HACCP
What is the Safe Catering Pack?
The Safe Catering Pack is a tool to help caterers develop a system to manage food safety and comply with the food hygiene regulations. It presents options for businesses to choose how they are going to do this.
The pack was developed with help and expertise from the food industry and environmental health officers. It is based on the principles of HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point). HACCP is a process that helps you look at how you handle food and introduce procedures to make sure the food you produce is safe to eat.
Who is the pack for?
The pack was designed for catering businesses but it may also be used by retailers who have a catering function within their business. It is ideal for businesses that have not yet developed their own food safety management system but may also be used by businesses to improve existing systems.
What does the pack contain?
The pack consists of:
- a workbook and pen (the workbook presents options for businesses to choose how they are going manage food safety)
- a set of nine record books, (e.g. records on temperature monitoring, training, fitness to work and a hygiene inspection checklist) and
By working through the workbook you will step by step develop your unique food safety management plan that is literally your ‘plan’ or ‘road map’ to managing food safety for your business. Once the workbook is complete you can manage food safety on a daily basis by using the food safety record books which allow you to check that food safety hazards are being controlled.
2012 update to the pack
The pack was updated to take on board feedback received from regulatory and food business users. If you are using the original version of the pack, the main changes are outlined and available for you to download below. These include:
- An extra step to allow businesses to control hazards during transport and delivery. This step is designed for businesses who are delivering products to outside catering operations or other retail/catering businesses. A new record (SC9) has been added to the pack to help with monitoring controls during this step
- New guidance in the preparation and handling step on the use of complex equipment (e.g. vacuum packers, slicers and mixers) that can be very difficult to clean
- Additional information on supplier and customer traceability requirements
- Information on common food poisoning bacteria, including typical symptoms and common food sources
- Minor edits to the current set of records . The most requested updated was the inclusion of a column to record the batch code for food deliveries. If you have the original pack you can now use these records.
Last reviewed: 15/1/2020