Thursday, 27 February 2014
This document outlines the specific rules relating to the labelling of fruit juices and similar products.
This document takes into account the general labelling requirements for foodstuffs including fruit juices and related products.
In addition to Directive 2001/112/EC as amended, the following legislation should be consulted for specific requirements on food labelling and the production of fruit juices and related products:
- Directive 2000/13/EC on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to the labelling, presentation and advertising of foodstuffs transposed into law by S.I. No. 483 of 2002
- Regulation EU No 1169/2011 of 25 October 2011 on the provision of food information to consumers
- Directive 2001/111/EC of 20 December 2001 relating to certain sugars intended for human consumption transposed into law by S.I. No. 289 of 2003
- Regulation EC No 1333/2008 of 16 December 2008 on food additives
- Council Directive 90/496/EEC of 24 September 1990 on nutrition labelling for foodstuffs transposed into law by S.I. No. 461 of 2009
- Regulation EC No 1925/2006 of 20 December 2006 on the addition of vitamins and minerals and of certain other substances to foods
- Regulation EC No 1924/2006 of 20 December 2006 on nutrition and health claims made on foods
- Directive 2006/125/EC of 5 December 2006 on processed cereal-based foods and baby foods for infants and young children
- Council Directive 98/83/EC of 3 November 1998 on the quality of water intended for human consumption