For more detailed information on consumer issues, please go to safefood.net. safefood is the all-island body, whose role is to promote awareness and knowledge of food safety and nutrition on the island of Ireland.
This section covers some of the main topics for consumers including:
- Can I bring my pet into a restaurant, café, etc.?
- How to store food safely
- What is food poisoning and what to do when it happens
- Imported frozen berries should be boiled before eating them
- Advice for cooking and reheating food at home or in other places
- Chemicals in food
- Safe food choices for vulnerable groups