Each year, the FSAI carries out routine monitoring of the food supply in Ireland to ensure only authorised GM ingredients are on the market and that they are labelled appropriately.
- GM Food Monitoring Results 2020
- GM Food Monitoring Results 2019
- GM Food Monitoring Results 2018
- GM Food Monitoring Results 2017
- GM Food Monitoring Results 2016
Further information on genetically modified food and feed and how it is regulated in the EU can be viewed on the EU Commission's website.
The Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations hosts an electronic platform that provides information on all foods derived from GM plants and authorised following safety assessment in accordance with Codex guidelines.
Access the FAO GM Foods Platform.