The FSAI has "service contracts" with the following official agencies:
- local authorities
- The Health Service Executive
- The Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine
- The State Laboratory
- The Marine Institute
- The National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI)
- The Sea-Fisheries Protection Authority
The service contracts are for a minimum duration of three years and, subject to the request of either the FSAI or the official agency, may be reviewed during that time. The service contracts must be published within three months of the date they are entered into.
Memoranda of Understanding
There are also Memoranda of Understanding in place between the FSAI and other enforcement agencies:
- The Department of Agriculture, Food and Marine, Enterprise Ireland, Bord Bia, Teagasc
- Bord Iascaigh Mhara (BIM)
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- The Food Standards Agency (Northern Ireland)
- The Health Products Regulatory Authority (HPRA)
- The Loughs Agency
- Revenue’s Customs Service
A Memorandum of Understanding sets out a framework for co-operation in their food safety activities where a service contract is a legal agreement to enforce food safety legislation.
National Control Plan for Ireland 2021-2025
A multi-annual national control plan (MANCP) jointly developed by the FSAI and the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine.