If you are thinking of starting a food business you will find everything you need to know, and have in place, in this section.
Before starting a food business you must:
- register your food business
- your business may also need approval
- understand the basics of food hygiene
- have appropriate food hygiene training
- have a traceability system
- develop a food safety management system (HACCP)
- consider what is required when operating from home, a food truck or selling at farmers’ markets
- declare the presence of food allergens used as ingredients
- provide evidence of an appropriate food safety culture
Subscribe to our events to keep up-to-date with upcoming FSAI Breakfast Bites, seminars and events.