The following information must appear on the label.
- The name of the food *
- The list of ingredients
- Any ingredient or processing aid listed in Annex II or derived from a substance or product listed in Annex II causing allergies or intolerances used in the manufacture or preparation of a food and still present in the finished product, even if in an altered form
- The quantity of certain ingredients or categories of ingredients
- The net quantity of the food *
- The date of minimum durability or the ‘use-by’ date *
- Any special storage conditions and/or conditions of use
- The name or business name and address of the food business operator
- The country of origin or place of provenance where its absence may mislead the consumer as to the true origin or provenance of the food or where country of origin is specifically required under legislation
- Instructions for use where it would be difficult to make appropriate use of the food in the absence of such instructions
- With respect to beverages containing more than 1.2 % by volume of alcohol, the actual alcoholic strength by volume *
- A nutrition declaration
* Must appear in the same ‘field of vision’. The ‘field of vision’ means all surfaces of a package that can be read from a single viewing point.
Go to the top ⇧