This section looks at the responsibilities of food business operators (FBOs) in relation to determining the shelf-life of their product and declaring this shelf-life on the label. It provides information for FBOs who are dealing with ready-to-eat foods that support the growth of Listeria monocytogenes. It also looks at the requirement for microbiological testing of a product.
- Shelf-life: Best before and use by dates
- Determining shelf-life (including Listeria monocytogenes)
- Predictive microbiology and shelf-life
- Labelling requirements and Shelf Life
- Consumers and shelf-life
- Legislation and guidance documents
See our Breakfast Bite on shelf life from Tuesday, 20 September, 2022.
Mary Lenahan (FSAI) gave a presentation for food business operators on how they can safely set and validate the shelf-life of any food they manufacture.