- On-Street Provision of Food to the Homeless
- How to ensure you are compliant with food safety legislation
- Operating an on-street food business from your home
- Preparing Food for Vulnerable People
- Requirements for Different Stages of the Process
- > Food Donation
- Additional Resources
Charities or volunteer-led organisations may often be offered surplus food for use within their organisation by food businesses or others. It is important to ensure that the food offered is safe to consumer and does not present any risk to the final consumer. This should be assessed by the receiving charity or volunteer-led organisation. You must assure yourself that the food being donated has been correctly stored to prevent contamination and at the correct temperature (for example, for chilled products).
All food businesses whether donating or receiving and handling donated food must make themselves aware of their legal responsibilities under food legislation.